As most of you know, I will be going to Seattle, Portland and San Francisco in a few days. I’ll be staying in these three cities for a total of 19 days. These days will be almost equally divided between these three cities where I will be living in hostels. This will actually be my first try to not pack as much as usual. I tend to overpack. First of all, I always worry too much, so I try to be prepared for all occasions. And then, I never want to do laundry, so I try to bring enough clothes. So, this time, different approach: I have read so much about different ways to travel only with carry-on and I wanted to give it a try this time. This is my US West Coast Packing List:
This time I divided my bags and I made a table to sort which bag is going to hold what:
My camera bag will fit into my backpack and is, of course, holding:
- my camera, a Nikon D5100 with Nikon AF-S Nikkor DX 18-55mm lenses,
- its charger
- 7 in 1 Camera Connection Kit to load my pictures on my iPad.
I added a plastic bag, in case it might rain. My camera bag will be my daybag as well, even though it doesn’t look that nice, it can hold all the things that I need when I’m adventuring.
My backpack will include:
- my camera bag
- my Apple iPad mini + Logitech case
- all chargers and cables
- my two Lonely Planets for Seattle and San Francisco (I just can’t leave them)
- small notebook and pen
- small plastic bag with medication and liquids that I want to bring on the plane with me
- my scarf (against the cold, or to use as a blanket or pillow on the plane)
- phone, money, tickets, passport etc.
- small bag with an inflatable pillow, Ohropax
- my collection of sunglasses
Carry on suitcase
I decided a few days ago to check my small suitcase simply because I am too lazy to carry it with me during the layovers that I have. I purchased Eagle Creek Pack-It cubes though to hold most of my things. I’ll be bringing:
- shoes: Minnetonkas, Birkenstock-like sandals, flip flops for the shower
- travel towels
- travel-size hair dryer (it was shortly on my list to be left at home, but I get a cold very easily when I don’t dry my hair)
- two pair of pants (1 jeans, 1 slacks)
- dress + leggings
- underwear+socks for a week
- my umbrella
- seven tops
- three cardigans or pullover
Am I missing something? As always, I keep checking my list over and over again, fearing that I might forget something very important!